Jamaica Child Development Center
Aurora Public Schools: Shaping Successful Futures
Important Upcoming Dates
- DIAL Assessments/Meet and Greet Appointments (For New Students)
August 2nd 9:00-11:40 AM
August 5th 1:00-3:30 PM
August 6th 9:00-11:40 AM
August 9th 9:00 AM-12:00 PM
- APS Back To School Kick-Off at Town Center of Aurora
August 3rd 10:00 AM-12:30 PM
- JCDC Back To School Night
August 8th 6:00-8:00 PM
- First Day Of Preschool
Follow Us on Facebook!
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Preschool Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (no students on Friday)
- Morning Session: 9:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
- Afternoon Session: 1:15 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
If your child is going to be absent or arriving late, please call our office at 303-364-8126.
Child Find Testing: Call 303-340-0859 x28344 for additional information or concerns regarding your child's development.
Colorado Preschool Program: classrooms are in session Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday . No school on Friday. Classroom teachers are using Teaching Strategies GOLD (TS GOLD) Objectives for Development and Learning assessment system. TS GOLD is an observational assessment tool designed to assess how children develop and learn. For additional information regarding our curriculum, please visit the ECE website at http://ece.aurorak12.org/curriculum/
Important Announcements and Information
NOTICE FROM APS LEGAL OFFICE
Please note that updates have been made to the District’s Nondiscrimination Policies:
- AC, Nondiscrimination / Equal Opportunity
- AC-R, Nondiscrimination / Equal Opportunity
- AC-1-E, Notice of Nondiscrimination
- ACE, Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability
The updated policies can be found on the District website at aurorak12.org/about-aps/district-policies/.
NOTIFICACIÓN DE PARTE DEL DEPARTAMENTO LEGAL DE APS
Le comunicamos que hemos llevado a cabo modificaciones a las Políticas de No-discriminación del distrito:
- AC, No discriminación/Igualdad de oportunidades
- AC-R, No discriminación/Igualdad de oportunidades
- AC-1-E, Aviso de No discriminación
- ACE, No discriminación con fundamento en una discapacidad
Usted puede ver las políticas actualizadas en la página web del distrito, en: aurorak12.org/about-aps/district-policies/.
Jamaica CDC has earned a Level 4 Rating!
Colorado Shines is a quality rating and improvement system for Colorado’s licensed early care and learning programs. Using proven methods, it measures quality based on how an early learning program supports its children, families and professionals. Once ranked, it helps programs improve their quality rating/level and connect with families who are looking for quality child care.
To determine the level of quality of Colorado's early learning programs, Colorado Shines evaluates how each organization works to:
- support children's health and safety
- ensure their early childhood professionals are well-trained and effective
- provide a supportive learning environment that teaches children new skills
- help parents become partners in their child's learning
- demonstrate strong leadership and business practices
Once a rating has been established, Colorado Shines gives participating early learning programs the tools and support needed to consistently improve their quality. These resources include helping programs develop and implement a quality improvement plan and offering trainings and other opportunities for professional development.
For more information, please visit the Colorado Shines website.