Jamaica Child Development Center
Aurora Public Schools: Shaping Successful Futures
We at Jamaica CDC create a positive educational environment by developing trusting relationships; providing responsive, individualized support for all; and expecting success for everyone in our school community, including students, families and staff.
Teacher Appreciation Week is May 6-10
Important Upcoming Dates
- April 5th: Family Friday Lunch Club: 12:00-1:30 PM
- April 11th: Class Group Picture Day
- April 11th: Family Fun Night: 4:00-6:00 PM
- April 16th: Beth Eply Storyteller at Jamaica CDC
- May 3rd: Professional Release Day: No School
- May 10th: Family Friday Lunch Club: 12:00-1:30 PM
- May 15th: Peak Parent Meeting: 9:20 AM
- May 22: Last Day Of Preschool
Follow Us on Facebook!
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Preschool Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (no students on Friday)
- Morning Session: 9:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
- Afternoon Session: 1:15 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
If your child is going to be absent or arriving late, please call our office at 303-364-8126.
Child Find Testing: Call 303-340-0859 x28344 for additional information or concerns regarding your child's development.
Colorado Preschool Program: classrooms are in session Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday . No school on Friday. Classroom teachers are using Teaching Strategies GOLD (TS GOLD) Objectives for Development and Learning assessment system. TS GOLD is an observational assessment tool designed to assess how children develop and learn. For additional information regarding our curriculum, please visit the ECE website at http://ece.aurorak12.org/curriculum/
Important Announcements and Information
NOTICE FROM APS LEGAL OFFICE
Please note that updates have been made to the District’s Nondiscrimination Policies:
- AC, Nondiscrimination / Equal Opportunity
- AC-R, Nondiscrimination / Equal Opportunity
- AC-1-E, Notice of Nondiscrimination
- ACE, Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability
The updated policies can be found on the District website at aurorak12.org/about-aps/district-policies/.
NOTIFICACIÓN DE PARTE DEL DEPARTAMENTO LEGAL DE APS
Le comunicamos que hemos llevado a cabo modificaciones a las Políticas de No-discriminación del distrito:
- AC, No discriminación/Igualdad de oportunidades
- AC-R, No discriminación/Igualdad de oportunidades
- AC-1-E, Aviso de No discriminación
- ACE, No discriminación con fundamento en una discapacidad
Usted puede ver las políticas actualizadas en la página web del distrito, en: aurorak12.org/about-aps/district-policies/.
Jamaica CDC has earned a Level 4 Rating!
Colorado Shines is a quality rating and improvement system for Colorado’s licensed early care and learning programs. Using proven methods, it measures quality based on how an early learning program supports its children, families and professionals. Once ranked, it helps programs improve their quality rating/level and connect with families who are looking for quality child care.
To determine the level of quality of Colorado's early learning programs, Colorado Shines evaluates how each organization works to:
- support children's health and safety
- ensure their early childhood professionals are well-trained and effective
- provide a supportive learning environment that teaches children new skills
- help parents become partners in their child's learning
- demonstrate strong leadership and business practices
Once a rating has been established, Colorado Shines gives participating early learning programs the tools and support needed to consistently improve their quality. These resources include helping programs develop and implement a quality improvement plan and offering trainings and other opportunities for professional development.
For more information, please visit the Colorado Shines website.